Keeping Students Connected To The Catholic Church
College graduates active
in campus ministry,
are more likely to...
leadership in parishes
Newman Connection is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing a national support structure and unified brand to Catholic campus ministry. We assist these campus ministries in their growth by:
- Providing a national outreach program, connecting students from all over the country to campus ministry.
- Establishing a national prayer hour specifically for the benefit of campus ministry.
- Creating educational programing that is available online, in the classroom or in the field on a retreat.
Newman Connection has a direct impact on strengthening today’s Catholic youth in the faith during their college years. Newman Connection serves as an umbrella of support over the country’s Catholic campus ministries. With your help, we can continue to deliver on these promises and help more students come to Christ and stay committed Church members in the years to come. Below is a list of our combined accomplishments:
- In 2013, more than 13,000 high school students' names were entered in the Newman Connection database.
- In 2013, 24,758 people used Newman Connection to find a Catholic presence on their college campus.
- In 2013, 290 active volunteers gathered names across the country. We always need more volunteers, encourage your friends to sign up and help us!
- Since 2011, Exploring YOUCAT, our Catechism based educational course, had 47,051 unique visitors and Rich Gift of Love had 22,611 visitors.
- We are delivering proven tools and support so that Catholic campus ministries across America can continue to collaborate and understand how to strategically engage and impact today’s college student.
- Our online classroom is comprised of comprehensive, theological and evangelistic teaching from top Catholic clergy and vowed religious reaching Catholics worldwide.
- We have created a unified group to pray for US campuses and students! 375 Newman Centers and their students, as well as 35,000 Catholics have taken the United in Prayer Pledge.
- 29 religious orders have taken the pledge to unite with campus ministries.
- We continue to update a full listing of Catholic ministries and their contact information on our website.
- Just for good measure, to show our scope of impact, consider this: In 2013, Newman Connection had 77,291 unique visitors, 115,000 visits, and 419,000 page views! That is a thriving community growing in the faith and connecting!
Newman Connection helps students find their "home away from home". For many young adults who are trying to navigate their way through life, Catholic campus ministry becomes a mainstay in their lives and a place they feel comfortable being themselves.